Monday, August 8, 2011

Sadness

J's mom left this earth on Sunday, July 31 in her home.  She hasn't been well for a few weeks (diabetes, kidney failure, infections) and has been hospitalized for almost 3 weeks. She was able to come home on Tuesday, the 26th and we thought she was going to be getting better. She woke up Sunday morning, got dressed, and was getting ready to enjoy breakfast with her husband. By the time her eggs were ready, she was gone. She went peacefully and in the comfort of her home, which is how she would have wanted it to be.

There are no words that I could say to J, my sister-in-law, or my father-in-law. She was an amazing woman who loved her family more than she loved herself. I wish that I could take this pain away from all of us.  This has been the hardest thing J will ever have to experience. The first thing he said when he found out was "she'll never get to meet her grandchild".  Heartbreaking.

She will be missed by all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment