Wednesday, November 2, 2011

13/14 weeks- i don't know anymore

They've changed my due date from 5/4/12 to 4/30/12.  I know that's only 5 days difference, but now I'm not sure if I'm actually in my 2nd trimester yet, or if I have a couple more days to go. Regardless, baby will be here somewhere in that time frame.  EEEEK!

It's been getting more and more real for us & I'm FINALLY getting over my fear of miscarrying. We actually bought the baby's carrier and stroller on Sunday.  It's a Snap-N-Go & the carrier just locks into place.  It's MUCH lighter than a traditional travel system that we were originally looking at. We'll get a normal (but light!) stroller when the baby's around 9 months or so. We were also planning on not getting a crib, but a pack-n-play for the baby to sleep in, but I think we've changed our minds.  Since we rent our home, I'm not really wanting to do a nursery, because I  don't want to get attached.  When we buy a house, we'll definitely decorate the room. Besides, I'd prefer to have the baby in our room for the first 6 months. I think it's important to have the baby close by.

Anyway, we went to the Dr. C's (our wonderful OB) office yesterday (I wanted J to meet her), and we got an ultrasound.  Let me just say, our baby is already full of personality.  I can't wait to meet him/her!  As soon as she put the thingy (that's the ultrasound thing that goes on my stomach), baby N was staring straight at us, with it's hands up by it's head.  We could see little fingers and it was jumping all around.  I swear it looks like it's smiling from ear to ear......
Here's a pic:


It's so amazing that it used to look like a little blob.  Now it has a face, and bones, and a rib cage!  What a beautiful thing....

1 comment:

  1. That has got to be one of my favorite ultrasound pictures I have ever seen! Your baby is totally grinning at you!

    ReplyDelete