Friday, December 2, 2011

18 weeks!

How far along are you? 18 weeks today (according to my pregnancy ticker). I’m almost ½ way there!

How big is Baby? About the size of a sweet potato (5.5 inches long). That’s what my “What to Expect” app says, anyway

Weight Gain? About 10 lbs, total. Dr. C says that’s a perfect range, so that’s good!

 Gender? We find out in 2 weeks!  The Chinese Gender test says girl…we’ll see!

Maternity Clothes? Definitely

Stretch Marks? None.  My skin is starting to feel tight, though.  I keep forgetting to buy some cocoa butter…maybe this weekend.

Sleep? Just OK…I keep waking up on my back & I get nervous, since I’m not supposed to. Apparently it could hurt the baby?  I need to find a way to stop rolling over….the body pillow isn’t really helping to prevent that.  Hmmmm

Symptoms? None!  Just a big ol’ belly J

Movement? I think I felt some movement & J felt it, too.  I don’t know for sure, though. Could’ve been gas

Food Cravings? Ice cream!  I don’t normally eat ice cream like that, but I’m loving my milkshakes!

Labor Signs? Of course not

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but flatter everyday, it seems

What I miss? My clothes fitting

What I am looking forward to? The gender scan in 2 weeks…my mom, stepdad, & J’s dad will all be in the room for Baby N’s big reveal!  Will it be an Inny or an Outty?  It will definitely be an unforgettable moment for all of us!

Best moment of the week? We’ve decided to buy a home!!  I want to try to buy one before the baby comes, but if that doesn’t happen, that’s OK. We haven’t actually started looking yet, but we’ve been pre-approved, so we’re getting the ball rolling.  It’s so exciting & we are so happy for this much wanted step in our lives!  Plus that means that we can actually decorate a nursery for the baby J

2 comments: