Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holy Crap

I'm exhausted!  My weekend was non-stop from the time I left for work on Friday morning to late last night.
Friday night was soooo much fun with my BFF.  We started out in Roswell with tapas & drinks. I was thinking that this would pretty much be our night, until we decided to head to Midtown....we closed down the bar!  I didn't roll in until almost 4am.  J was not happy, but I don't care. It's not like a get a ton of girl time. We had so much fun dancing & singing to the live band....  it was great :) It also helped when people kept asking my friend and I where we go to school. They thought we were 22!  That's a bit of a confidence booster...  Maybe they just had their beer goggles on, though. Whatever, compliments are always accepted :)

Then Saturday, I met up with another one of my best friends at the lake and we boat-hopped & drank yummy beverages.  I always have a blast with her.  I hated to leave, but J would have been pissed if I bailed on him, since we had plans for that night-we had friends over for a cookout and fireworks...again- good times!  Luckily, no one was injured & nothing caught on fire.  *you never know with our group of friends*

Sunday, my mom, step-dad, and me went to visit my cousin at his lake house. My aunt and other cousins are in town this whole week, so it was really nice to see them all. We couldn't stay too long, so J & I are planning on going back up there this Friday night, so that I can get some more family time with them before they head home. 

Monday, we just lounged a little & watched the Casey Anthony trial (i think she did it) and did laundry. last night, we scored some free tickets to the Braves game in the Suntrust seats...These are THE best seats in the stadium and they offer all-you-can-eat-and-drink.  Needless to say, I have completely over-indulged this weekend and it's really not helping my weight loss goals. I'm gonna start over today, I swear!  It's so hard to be sociable and be healthy.  How do I find that balance?

Sunday also marks the 12th anniversary of my dad's passing....even though time goes on, I never stop thinking about him and missing him.  He was a great man and I love him....I know he's with me in spirit.

I'm really trying to focus more on spending quality time with my family...I miss them all A LOT.  The problem is that we are all over the place and we all have extended families, so it's really hard to find time for everyone. This is my new goal for 2011....  Family is everything to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment