Friday, July 1, 2011

So excited!

My BFF (of 19 years!) and I are going out tonight for the first time in years.  Unfortunately, she & her hubby of 9 years are going through a divorce.  He was very controlling & would never let her do anything (and he's honestly REALLY boring). So, now that she's not living with him, she's got freedom!  It's been tough over the years because we've never been on the same page in our lives. When I was living it up in my 20's, she was focusing on being a wife and mom. Now I'm married, trying to become a mom, and she's ready to go out & live it up.  It's like we've switched roles. It's OK though, because I know we'll always be there for each other. The only time I've seen her has been for her kids birthday parties over the past 6 years. So this will definitely be a change of pace for both of us!! 

Of course, J wanted to know if he could come... ummm, no.  I need my girl time :)  He'll find something to get into, I'm sure. 

Now....I have to figure out where we will end up...can't wait! 

1 comment:

  1. Have fun tonight!! I'm excited to be spending the weekend at the lake w/my family so I can try to forget about my cancelled surgery.

    ReplyDelete