Friday, July 8, 2011

They say things come in 3's

I'm sad today...  I just learned that a third couple I know is getting divorced.  The first one is my BFF that I mentioned before, who would have been married for 9 years next month.  The second is a couple who got married a little over a year ago (we kind of knew it would happen-long story).  The third is of an old friend of mine who married her high school sweetheart!  They've been together for like 12 years or something and they have 4 (yes 4!) kids together.

It don't understand why this happens to people who say they love each other. I mean, I know divorce is common.  I'm a product of divorce myself, but I just don't get it. What makes people change?  And if you truly love someone, that means you love them unconditionally.  Right? 

I do know that I could not imagine my life without J.  He's my best friend. 

1 comment:

  1. I really can relate to this post. Hearing about friends getting divorce makes me so incredibly sad. My best friend was divorced a few months ago after only 2 years of marriage but things went downhill after only a couple months. My SIL is getting a divorce after 10 years and 2 kids. I feel selfish saying so but it really makes me worried about my own future. I want to analyze their relationships and figure out if we have similarities so we can work on it before it leads to our own divorce...which is kinda silly, I know. But i just can't help but compare my own relationship to theirs.

    I cannot imagine my life without my husband either. I meant every word I said on our wedding day. But it sure is scary when I know of divorced couples who meant it too.

    ReplyDelete