Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm working on ME :)

After our beach trip, I realized how very uncomfortable I am in my skin.  Now, I know I'm not overweight, but I am at the highest end of my BMI range, so one more point & I would technically be overweight.  Over the past 3 years, since we got married, my weight has slowly climbed to the heaviest I've ever been. And I hate it. My shorts that I wore on my honeymoon look like spandex on me now. I just feel gross.

I have been doing WeightWatchers for a few months, but haven't lost one pound. Granted, I haven't been completely committed, but you'd think I'd lose something!  Instead, I gained 5lbs!  I am now trying the LoseIt app on my phone (it can also be used online)....so far so good!  I officially started on Monday & so far I'm down about 1-2lbs.  I know that's just water weight & I should only weigh 1x per week, but I couldn't help myself. Anyway, once I start feeling better, I swear I'm going to start exercising too.  I say this all the time, but I'm the queen of excuses. The truth is, I just don't really like it. It's hot as hell here in Atlanta.  I really don't like to sweat...mainly because my face breaks out with nastiness whenever I start a workout regimen. And when I was training out for the 5K I did a few weeks ago, AF came 10 days early!  Clearly, exercise is not good for my body.  I'm just going to stick to watching my diet for a bit.

Anyway, my goal weight loss is 15 lbs. I'm only focusing on 5lbs at a time and I've set my LoseIt account to have me losing about 2lbs per week.  We'll see!  I just want to fit into my cute clothes again. If I stick to just watching my calories, I should be at my goal weight by around August 13th.  If I decide to add exercise to that, it'll be sooner....  I'll try to update my progress each week... 

No comments:

Post a Comment