Thursday, March 24, 2011

Learned my lesson!

So, Lady the Cat was definitely NOT a lady this morning at 5:40am. We keep her in our bathroom at night, so that we can sleep & she can do her cat-like things without disturbing us. Otherwise, she'll keep us up ALL night pouncing on our heads, licking our toes, and pretty much being a pain in our butts. It's cute for about 3 minutes, then we're over it. So, Lady's room at night is our bathroom (don't worry, it's big enough for her to run around in, her litter box, her bed, and her food & water.) She's a pampered kitty.

I normally wake up in the middle of the night at least once to pee. Well, this morning, I did my absolute very best to hold it, but I couldn't take it anymore. So, I got up & went to the hall bathroom, but realized there was NO toilet paper & that the only roll in the whole house was in (surprise!) OUR bathroom. So, I went in there, did my business, & naturally woke precious little Lady from her slumber. When she wakes up, she's full of energy & wants to run & play. I was not in the mood. I glanced at the clock & it said 5:40am. My alarm goes off at 5:45, so I only had 5 more minutes of sleep. I figured I'd just put her on the bed while I hit snooze a couple of times (I'm not a morning person). I had almost dozed back off & thought "wow, she's being really calm & quiet! Good kitty!". Until I rolled over. I slid my foot over a wet spot. Yes, precious little Lady pissed on my bed!!!  How dare she?!?  That's why she was being so quiet! And to think that her litter box was right in front of her ALL night.

So, I jumped up & stripped the bed, and threw everything into the washing machine. Luckily, we have a pad on the bed that has rubber on one side, so our brand new mattress didn't get wet. Also, she's still young enough (8 weeks), that her pee doesn't have that typical "cat pee" smell that's so hard to get rid of. I'm just considering this phase of kittenhood as training for a baby. There will be more pee than I can even imagine then, I'm sure.

Lesson I learned:  Put the kitty in the litter box & make sure she pees before letting her near ANY furniture.

Scratch that....  The REAL lesson here is that one should ALWAYS have toilet paper handy in every bathroom.

I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment