Wednesday, March 9, 2011

We are getting a new...

KITTEN!

She's 6 weeks old & I'm super excited to bring her home. I think we will pick her up on Saturday. She's solid black and has the sweetest little face.  I'm going to let J name her. He's going with either Magic or Lucky. I think it will end up being Lucky.

It was weird how the decision was made to get a cat. Last Thursday night I had a dream that we had a kitten, but I didn't get to tell J about it until Friday evening. He was shocked that I had that dream because he said he was going to surprise me with one. How freaky is that? The one he was going to get me was a stray male & I told him I'd prefer one that was straight from the litter and female. *i guess I'm kind of picky*. So after a few phone calls, we found our kitten!  The person we are getting her from was actually having all of the kittens picked up that same day from a rescue agency.  Yep, I think she's a Lucky cat!  :) 

I am struggling with whether or not we will have her de-clawed, though. I REALLY don't agree with it. I think it's cruel & so painful for them. BUT, we also just got new furniture that I don't want to get ruined. Also, when we have a baby, I don't want to worry about the cat scratching him/her.  They do have these cool things called Soft Claws that seem to be great (and fun, especially the kick-ass glitter ones!). Then I ask myself, will I really be willing to sit down every 6-8 weeks to do the cats nails (and spend the $20)? With a baby? I don't even get my own nails done, so probably not. I guess I have a few months to think it through.

Anyway, I can't wait to bring her home!  :)  It will be so nice to come home to something other than silence. I think J was thinking that maybe having a pet will keep my mind off baby-making & help me with the stress of that. He's so thoughtful and I love him for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment