Monday, April 18, 2011

It's done!

So, J & I had the best weekend together! The weather was perfect and we got some great quality time in together and I busted out my flip flops. Perfect :)  Saturday morning (bright and early at 8am), I had to get my prescription filled for my trigger shot.  I was hoping I wouldn't need it, but I never got my smiley face :(  By 9:30, I was injected with the shot. My arm hurts, but I didn't have the side effects like I thought I would.  I expected to feel pregnant since the shot was HCG and women produce it naturally when they are pregnant. Nothing, though!  Thank goodness!

On Sunday, we had to get up early again, so J could get to Dr. K's office by 8am to give his "speciman" for my IUI. We had to wait 2 hours afterward for them to get everything ready for me, so we went and had an AWESOME breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. Then we came back to the office, I hiked my dress up and we did it. Well, we didn't do it. The Dr. did it.  J just held my hand. It didn't really hurt, it just felt like a pap smear. No big deal. J is very proud of himself because his count was 81 million and they like the count to be above 5 million. I told him he's superman....I kind of feel the need to feed his ego since he was feeling so insecure about everything.

There was a mobile hanging above the table that I was laying on that had pictures of little baby angels. J and I kind of got quiet for a few minutes and just stared at those angels. We were praying for our baby. Even though we had to go through this impersonal experience, I feel like J and I are closer now than ever.

We spent the rest of Sunday at the park for the Dogwood festival. It's this awesome opportunity for artists to showcase their work and sell their pieces. There must have been at least 200 different artists, so we spent all afternoon there. They also had live bands and street vendors selling "carnival food" (corndogs, nachos, funnel cakes, etc.) We took a time out on our blanket and sprawled out on the lawn, soaked up the sun and people watched.  It was such a great day.  I'm glad we had a fun day because, if we did concieve, it truley would be on one of the happiest day of our lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment