Friday, June 3, 2011

All things considered...

It's been a good week, all things considered.  The fact that it is a 4-day work week helps a lot.  My momentary depression has been lifted, and I'm back to my old semi-optimistic self! 

On Tuesday, we got Lady spayed. She's recovering, but looks pitiful in her cone:
Poor little thing. She's only got one more day in the dumb thing, then she can be set free...

J & I spent Memorial Day at my mom's working in her yard.  All is good except now he has poison ivy/oak. It's all over his side and he's fairly certain its also on his boys.  This is NOT good for anyone.  I'm supposed to be ovulating this week & I'm too freaked out to bump uglies!!  I've never had poison ivy/oak & I don't think I'm allergic, but I certainly don't want to find out by getting it down there. This might end up being yet another wasted cycle.

And to top it all off, our A/C went out on Wednesday!  Luckily we rent, so we don't have to pay for the repair. Not only is it nearly 100 degrees outside, it's also that hot inside. Its only been 2 nights of misery, though. Hopefully, J can get the repair guy to come today!  If not, the Ritz isn't too far away....

2 comments:

  1. That has got to be the most ridiculously cute picture ever! Poor kitty!

    And ugh I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's boys! Lol, that sounds so funny to say! But yeah, I hope it clears up so you won't have a wasted cycle!

    We had a wasted cycle last month because of a stupid spider bite I got. Its so discouraging when everything goes so right and then one little thing throws you all off track!

    And ugh, I'd die in that kind of heat with no AC. Ours went out last summer and we all packed up, pets and all and crashed at my parents for a couple of days! So not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Luckily J's gotten the A/C repaired...He's a teacher too (art) so he's at home handling all of our house-ly duties during the summer. I love it, because it takes some of the load off me.

    Now all that's left to worry with is his poison ivy...geez. It's always something! :)

    ReplyDelete