Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Perspective

I woke up today in a pretty good mood.  Valentine's Day dinner (we re-named it to First Date Day) was excellent. We went to this little family owned Italian place around the corner from our house. We pigged out & drank a bottle of delicious wine. And we talked.  I looked around the restaurant and saw a few older couples sitting there not talking. I hope J & I never get like that.  It seemed so pointless for them to even be out. Just sitting there. Staring at each other. And chewing. Blah. Poor J's back went out yesterday (he has two ruptured disks & it flares up every once in a while), so there was no baby-makin last night :(
It's OK, though, because I think we covered our bases for this month. If not, we'll get to have fun trying again next month. Only 13 more days until I take a test!  Can't wait!

Today is a co-worker's birthday.  Though, I'm not close with this woman at all, I feel sorry for her today. Not because she's another year older, but because she got a call a little while ago that her mother had a stroke and had to be put in a drug-induced coma. And she's in another state, so my co-worker can't even be by her side.  I just feel so sad for her & her family.  I have lost a parent myself & I understand that pain...that's the kind of pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (not that I have any. I don't think!) I am praying for her...I hope she pulls through.  When things like this happen to people, it makes you realize how insignificant some things really are. Then you just feel stupid for getting upset at someone who cut you off in traffic, or getting mad at your hubby/wife for not taking out the trash. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, none of those things really matter. What matters is that you love & are loved back. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment