Saturday, February 26, 2011

well, well, well

So, today was absolutely beautiful. Not a cloud in the sky, a cool breeze in the air and I was FINALLY able to put on my flip-flops! Flip-flops are my absolute most favorite accessory!!  It was perfect. Until about 1:45 this afternoon.....

J is a high school baseball coach & they rarely have saturday games, so we rounded up all of our friends for an afternoon of sunshine and fun. It was going to be a great day!  Two different couples came (both got married in fall of 2010, so they're new at this).  Anyway, one of the girls (who was the last of ALL of our friends to get married- not even 6 months ago) announces to me that she's preggers. I'm as happy as I can be for her & her hub, but I wish it was me. It took every effort I had to put on my big happy face and tell her how happy I was for them.  And I truly am. They'll make great parents. I love them both. ....I just wish it was ME.

So now I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself (I'm about 2.5 glasses of wine into my evening, so bare with me). I decided that from here on out, I'm turning off my Give-A-Shit-er. I don't want to think about this whole process anymore. I'm making myself crazy!  I have a new outlook (at least right now) on everything. I have zero control of my uterus. I'm just going to take my damn clomid like a big girl & hope for the best. That's it. No more negativity from me, I promise. It's a new cycle and new eggs & sperm. In the mean time, I'm going to finish my wine and eat a cheeseburger. So there, uterus.

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me where the off switch is for your Give-A-Shit-er? I need to turn mine off too, but all I can seem to find is the volume button. I have it muted but somehow I still feel it being on. ;)

    I hope this is your cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me...It'as not easy keeping it turned off!!! Thanks for hoping for me :)

    ReplyDelete